Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Jack's Bad Day

Jack had a tough day today. When he woke up, I told him that Charlotte's mommy called and said that Charlotte had a new baby sister. Jack said, "but I don't have one." Then I told him that we could visit Charlotte's new sister any time we wanted, but then he asked, "can we take her home?" Then when I picked him up from his school at 11:45 am, he ran to me and started crying. After I could understand him, he said that the assistant teacher said that he couldn't be line leader anymore. He thought she meant ever and was almost hysterical. I couldn't get him in his car seat so we sat in the parking lot for 45 minutes as he kept crying that he wants to be line leader. Fortunately, he had to go pee-pee which was a nice distraction. We ran behind the bushes by the parking lot (there's no way we were going to go in the school). Then he was open to my earlier suggestion of going to McDonald's. Once we got to the new McDonald's and he could play on its new playground, he was much happier.

No comments: